Our frames are crafted from the finest Acetate, Titanium or TR90.
We guarantee you'll see the difference.
At our factories, experienced craftsmen combine skills handed down from generation to generation with the latest developments in computer aided manufacturing technology.
We believe this combination of old world and new world techniques results in the finest and most technically-advanced eyewear in the world.
What Is Acetate?
Acetate is otherwise known as cellulose acetate, zyl or zylonite. Acetate is one of the earliest made synthetic fibers. Remarkably, first used for framing spectacles in the late 1940’s due to problems with previously used plastics. Nowadays it is stunning stuff, with a deep gloss and high transparency. The higher the quality acetate the better the gloss and transparency will look. Wearers often describe the material as a more ‘natural feel’—a first of many differences when compared toto standard plastics.
Acetate is made up of a (bio) polymer derived from wood (tree) pulp and/or natural cotton fibers. These cellulosic fibers have been replaced over the years by cheaper options such as injected nylon and polyester, both of which are petroleum-based plastics. In some cases, nylon is a reasonable material for eyewear—such as for impact or heat resistance in sports eyewear or safety goggles. However, when for fashionable spectacles this material is almost always used to cut cost. The result is a lower quality and less aesthetically appealing final design.
Acetate is vastly preferable for eyeglasses over other plastics for these reasons:
- Does not harm the environmentIs
- made from renewable materials
- Is hypoallergenic
- Come in all colors of the rainbow
- Can be made beautifully transparent
- High grade versions are fit adjustable by opticians
To achieve the highest quality we use the highest grade of cellulose acetate available. Hundreds of elaborate processes go into each frame, and a multitude of craftspeople contribute to the final product.
The lightweight strength and flexibility of pure titanium frames just can’t be beat for their value. The top-notch properties of titanium mean the style factor is unbeatable too since many more types of ‘barely-there’ high fashion eyewear designs are possible than with other metals. Titanium frames are also available in a wide range of colors and finishes
Clearing the Confusion
There are 3 types of titanium frame — Pure β Titanium(IP), Titanium Alloy. Pure β Titanium(IP) is about 99% pure while titanium alloy, also called “memory titanium” or “bendable titanium,” is about 75% pure with 25% of other metals such as nickel or copper added. Both kinds of titanium eyewear frame will be lightweight, durable and strong, but pure β Titanium(IP) frames, which are typically more expensive, will exceed the memory titanium in all of these qualities.
However, titanium alloy has a flexible property that makes it ideal for temple arms that always provide a snug, comfortable fit and this makes frames that include front sections made of other metals such as stainless steel a little lighter to wear. This lightweight flexibility is highly sought after by many prescription eyewear users not only for comfort and fit, but because this bendable property makes for glasses arms that bend and don’t break!
The Benefits Of Titanium Frames
- Durability - Most of the frame materials do not last as long as titanium does. It is a perfect choice if you are wearing your glasses on regular basis. Titanium is a strong material and thus has the ability to last long. Even when they break or fall, they tend to withstand without getting damaged. It is useful to anybody who find difficult or are not interested to purchase or change frames that often.
- Lightweight - As compared to metal frames , titanium frames are extremely light in weight and can be comfortably worn for long hours. Though it is strong, it weighs less. Plastic might be lighter than titanium but not durable, hence titanium is a better option. People can wear titanium frame eyeglasses while playing games, jogging or running as it is comfortable and does not disturb.
- Skin-friendly - One of the most important benefits of titanium frames is that it is hypoallergenic which means it is ideal for people who have some sort of skin allergy or are sensitive to certain metal materials. Titanium is completely skin-friendly and does not cause irritation to your delicate skin, even if worn for very longs hours.
- Corrosion-resistant - Metals have a tendency to rust usually when it is in contact with water. Titanium is also a kind of metal but is rust-resistant. Hence when it is exposed to water, perspiration or moisture, it does not get affected. Even if this material frame is left in sun or humid bathroom, it will not get damaged.
- Flexible - Not many frame materials are as flexible as titanium. Most of the titanium eyeframes are not made up of pure titanium, it is blended with other materials. Beta titanium or memory metal, titanium frames are comfortably bendable. No matter to what extent you bend the frame, it doesn’t break and can get back to its original shape. You don’t need to bother about careful handling.
TR90 was produced through Swiss technology as a thermoplastic material that is incredibly durable, flexible, and lightweight. Glasses made with TR90 are extremely comfortable because they have a flexible quality. Since they are flexible, they can bend under pressure and contour your face comfortably.
This flexibility also makes TR90 glasses resilient to damage. Because the material is pliable, they are far less likely to break or bend from impact. If you’re guilty of constantly dropping your glasses, fear not! TR90 frames can prevail!
Finally, and most remarkable of all, TR90 glasses are supremely lightweight! Even the boldest, biggest styles don’t feel bulky when made with TR90. The thermoplastic material has a barely-there feel that you truly have to wear to believe.